torsdag 17 december 2015

Windows 10 fix black screen after upgrade

I solved a problem with black screen and just a mouse cursor on a HP EliteBook 820 G2. I did the following to solve it.

1. Logged in and got the black screen with a cursor. I could start the task manager by Ctrl-Alt-Del and choose it from the menu.

I started the Event viewer from task manager from File/Run new task and typed eventvwr. Here you can see what is causing the Explorer to crach.

IDT Audio
In this case it was the program IDT Audio that was causing it. I uninstalled it and then I started explorer.exe again.

Uninstall program

To open Programs and features from Task manager type Appwiz.cpl and now You can uninstall programs.

Other solutions and tips

Before I found the solution I tried some other things that did not worked this time.

Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode

Start the computer and to get options to start in Safe mode etc, Hold down "Shift" and restart the computer, Hold down "Shift" until You come to the page with start options.

Graphic card driver
Devmgmt.msc

Normally when Windows explorer crach it is because of the display adapter driver. To try this open task manager.

Click File/Run new task and type devmgmt.msc. open the Display adapter and from here choose Roll back driver. Restart PC and see if that helps.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

One or more intermediate certificates missing

När jag försökte att installera ett Wildcardcertifikat på en webbserver fick jag följande felmeddelande som bild visar att det saknar ett ...